Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Codice corso: MS-900T01-A
- Durata corso: 1gg
This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365.
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
- Define enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365.
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
- Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
- General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
- Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT
STRUTTURA DEL CORSO
MODULE 1: Cloud Concepts
- Principles of cloud computing
- Microsoft cloud services
- Migrating to cloud services
Lab : Cloud Fundamentals
Exercise 1: Determine the appropriate cloud model (paper-based lab)
MODULE 2: Core Microsoft 365 Services
- Microsoft 365 core services
- Microsoft on-premise services and cloud services in Microsoft 365
- Unified endpoint management in Microsoft 365
- Teamwork in Microsoft 365
Lab : Enabling and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
Exercise 1: Activating and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
Exercise 2: Exploring the Microsoft 365 user and admin portal
Exercise 3: Configuring new user and group accounts
MODULE 3: Security, Compliance, Privacy and Trust in Microsoft 365
- Organizational Security Fundamentals
- Security features in Microsoft 365
- Identity and Access Management
- Device and data protection in Microsoft 365
- Compliance in Microsoft 365
Lab : Security in Microsoft 365
Exercise1: Managing users and devices in Azure Active Directory
Exercise2: Evaluate Identity Protection
Exercise3: Explore tools for compliance
MODULE 4: Microsoft 365 pricing and support
- Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, licenses, and billing
- Support in Microsoft 365
Lab : Managing subscriptions, licensing and support in M365
Exercise 1: Explore interfaces for billing and subscriptions
Exercise 2: Add trial licenses to the tenant
Exercise 3: Review support options