Developing Solutions with IBM Decision Server Insights V8.8
- Codice corso: ZB399G-SPVC
- Durata corso: 4gg
This course is also available as classroom course Developing Solutions with IBM Decision Server Insights V8.8 (WB399G).
In this course, you learn about the main features of the Decision Server Insights component of IBM Operational Decision Manager Advanced V8.8.
Decision Server Insights enables real-time, in-memory, rule-based, event-driven, and analytical decision making. You experience how to use analytics, time-based reasoning, and location-based reasoning to build a real-world solution that detects and responds to business situations. You also learn the key capabilities of the multi-agent architecture of Decision Server Insights by developing several agents that are bound to a single entity for different purposes.
This course focuses on solution development, deployment, testing, and administration. You learn how to implement the business logic that detects business situations and uses situational context to decide and take the next best action.
The course begins with an overview of the programming model for Decision Server Insights and the architecture for the Decision Server Insights runtime environment. You learn how to design a Decision Server Insights solution, model the business entities and events that you care about, and implement the business logic. You work with a realistic test client to test the behavior of your implementation after deployment.
The course also covers administration topics, including installation, configuration of the Decision Server Insights reference topology, solution deployment in a grid environment, and grid administration.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
This course is designed for developers.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Experience with the Java programming language and object-oriented concepts
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Basic knowledge of the WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile
- Familiarity with the Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural style
- Familiarity with WebSphere eXtreme Scale
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Decision Server Insights programming model and architecture
- Design and create a Decision Server Insights solution
- Define the business model for the events, entities, and concepts that are relevant to your domain
- Use global aggregates for calculations across all events or a population of entities
- Implement business logic with rule agents and rules to detect and respond to business situations
- Deploy solutions to the Insight Server runtime and test runtime behavior
- Explain Decision Server Insights integration capabilities
Introducing IBM Decision Server Insights
Exercise: Getting started with Decision Server Insights
Designing Decision Server Insights solutions
Exercise: Creating a solution in Insight Designer
Creating the business model
Exercise: Defining the business model
Authoring the business logic
Exercise: Creating a rule agent
Exercise: Writing and testing rules
Working with aggregates
Exercise: Using global aggregates in rules
Exercise: Using event aggregates in rules
Exercise: Using time-based and location-based reasoning in rules
Exercise: Testing for the absence of events
Exercise: Testing solutions
Exercise: Using the Map Viewer
Modeling and defining connectivity
Exercise: Defining connectivity
Integrating Decision Server Insights
Configuring Insight Server
Exercise: Installing Decision Server Insights
Exercise: Configuring Decision Server Insights
Exercise: Deploying solutions
Administering Decision Server Insights
Exercise: Administering Decision Server Insights