DB2 10 for z/OS Utilities for Database Administrators
- Codice corso: CV871G
- Durata corso: 3gg
This course is designed to teach you advanced topics about DB2 for z/OS utilities. It is assumed that you attended course DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831) so that you already have basic skills about the main utilities. Recovery-oriented topics are not part of this course, so such utility functions are not presented.
Please refer to course overview.
You should have attended course:
- DB2 9 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV830) or DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831), or have attained a similar level of knowledge
- Use RUNSTATS to accelerate the performance of a given SQL access
- Employ DSN1COPY, REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE for DBA tasks which are not recovery-oriented
- Use parallel index build with the LOAD, REORG and REBUILD INDEX utilities
- Load partitions in parallel
- Determine the appropriate LOAD options to use while considering concurrency and performance requirements
- Choose appropriate options with REORG and UNLOAD to achieve optimal performance and availability
- Provide appropriate LISTDEF, TEMPLATE, and OPTIONS utility control statements for use in DB2 utilities
- (CV831) utilities review
- RUNSTATS, DSN1COPY,REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE
- LOAD and REBUILD INDEX performance and availability
- Online CHECK DATA
- REORG performance and availability
- UNLOAD performance and availability
- Generic utility jobs (LISTDEF and TEMPLATE)
- Appendix: Clone tables
The course includes extensive machine exercises.